Post with 7 notes
The eminent linguistic philosopher J.L.Austin of Oxford once gave a lecture in which he asserted that there are many languages in which a double negative makes a positive, but none in which a double positive makes a negative - to which the columbia philosopher Sideny Morgenbesser, sitting in the audience, sarcastically replied, “Yeah right.”
Post with 1 note
1) People aren’t against you; they are for themselves.
2) Climb mountains not so the world can see you, but so you can see the world.
3) You learn more from failure than from success; don’t let it stop you. Failure builds character.
4) The most dangerous risk of all - the risk of spending your life not doing what you want on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later.
5) Go where you’re celebrated, not where you’re tolerated.
6) The person that you will spend the most time with in your life is yourself, so you better try to make yourself as interesting as possible.
7) If you accept your limitations you go beyond them.
8) People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing…that’s why we recommend it daily.
9) Everyone you meet is afraid of something, love something, and has lost something.
10) Comfort is the enemy of achievement.
THIS. MOTHERFREAKING THIS.
Excuse me as I causally anonymously mail this to all my relatives’ homes
I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again: Equating all Muslims with the Taliban or Al-Quaeda is like equating all Christians with the Westboro Baptist Church or those who bomb abortion clinics.
whenever i post a text post on tumblr
so true it hurts
The Renaissance Era
i’m not kidding the worst sound ever is the crack in the voice of a person who is about to cry
ITS A BABY DRAGON
baby no don’t eat your tail
Thats how they get away though, they bite their own tail and basically wheel away from the danger like a spikey orobouros.
"I AM SPARKS."
"I AM MILD TO MODERATE DISCOMFORT."
Baby Smaug, Roll Out.
I can’t wait until our generation becomes teachers that actually know how to make a video full screen and get the god damn cursor out of the way
"Talk dirty to me"
Page 1 of 447